2007 NMHC Legal Issues Colloquium — General Meeting Information
The NMHC Legal Issues Colloquium will be held from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM on Monday, September 24, 2007 at The Mandarin Oriental in Washington, DC.
MHC’s Legal Issues Colloquium is designed to provide participants with an overview of the latest industry-specific legal developments with a look toward emerging trends. Open only to NMHC members, the meeting is intended for attorneys, in-house counsels, compliance officers and other apartment industry professionals interested in legal matters. Topics to be covered include:
- Accessibility: Key Apartment Industry Compliance Issues and a Litigation Update
- HUD’s Limited English Proficiency Guidelines: A Litigation and Legislative Update
- Apartment Industry Wage and Hour Issues, Including a Proactive Look at Class Action Risks
- Employment-Related Privacy Issues, Background Checks, and Other Litigation Risks: An Interactive General Counsel’s Briefing
- Telecommunications: Federal and State Developments Impacting the Apartment Industry
- Transactional Trends and Challenges in Today’s Multifamily Market
NEW! To accommodate the large number of registrants, registration for the NMHC Legal Issues Colloquium will be open from 5:00 to 7:00 PM on Sunday, September 23.
Registration closed on September 14. Registrations received after September 14 may result in your name and company being excluded from the printed registration list. Space is limited to 85 participants. The Agenda is available.
Please be advised that the NMHC Student Housing Conference and the NMHC Board of Directors and Advisory Committee Meeting will be held independently of the Legal Issues Colloquium. Separate registration is required to attend each meeting.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the following: