About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, NMHC is a national association representing the interests of the larger and most prominent apartment firms in the U.S. NMHC advocates on behalf of rental housing, conducts apartment-related research, encourages the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the desirability of apartment living. NMHC's members are the principal officers of firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry, including ownership, development, management, and financing. More information about the Council is available at www.nmhc.org.
Responsible for providing multifaceted administrative support to NMHC staff, by drafting correspondence, formatting speeches, presentations, providing support of special projects, and assisting in the general operation of the NMHC under the direction of the Vice President of Administration.
- Provide administrative support for staff, drafting correspondence, preparing and development of speeches and presentation materials, responding to emails, proofreading, and answering telephones.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to support the execution of projects.
- Coordinate and organize meetings and meeting schedules.
- Create, prepare, and deliver reports using spreadsheet software.
- Provide administrative support with special projects.
- Work with accounting department to process invoices, and track expenses and receipts.
- Coordinate conference calls.
- Manage and coordinate scheduling of conference rooms and other meeting spaces.
- Coordinate the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- Oversee the ordering of office and shipment supplies.
- Coordinate in-house functions, including arrangements of meals and refreshments.
- Provide backup coverage for colleagues, as necessary.
- Receive and forward communications to staff and departments as appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally with diverse audiences.
- Highly organized and able to create and follow an organized system to ensure the successful and timely completion of projects.
- Must be flexible and have ability to handle multiple and shifting priorities.
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction.
Requirements and Compensation
Knowledge of Office 365, iMIS, Windows, word processing, graphics, and presentation programs. NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
Application Instructions (No Phone Calls Please):
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com, with the subject: Administrative Coordinator —[Your Last Name].