About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, NMHC is a national association representing the interests of the larger and most prominent apartment firms in the U.S. NMHC advocates on behalf of rental housing, conducts apartment-related research, encourages the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the desirability of apartment living. NMHC's members are the principal officers of firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry, including ownership, development, management, and financing. More information about the Council is available at www.nmhc.org.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Meetings. The primary focus for the position is on advance meeting planning and onsite logistics for NMHC meetings throughout the year. The ideal candidate is a driven, detail-oriented team member who is experienced and passionate about meeting and conference planning.
- Assist the Meetings Department with the management and coordination of all NMHC meetings, conferences and expositions, both in advance and on-site.
- Serve as the lead planner on two-three NMHC meetings, which includes assigning meeting space, developing meeting specifications and reviewing BEOs and group resume.
- Manage speaker communications and audio-visual requirements for some of NMHC meetings/conferences.
- Assist in researching and contracting hotels/facilities for NMHC meetings/conferences.
- Develop printed on-site agenda and final internal agenda for three to four of the NMHC meetings/conferences.
- Research and coordinate various vendor services for NMHC meetings/conferences, including, but not limited to transportation.
- Prepare and send meeting material and other meeting related emails as needed through Marketo or specified email system.
- Collaborate with NMHC’s website manager to ensure the NMHC’s meeting web pages are up to date.
- Complete administrative tasks including filing emails and documents in SharePoint, preparing meeting correspondence, responding to telephone inquiries, developing Excel spreadsheets and other projects as assigned.
- Provide on-site logistics at meetings – travel required approximately four-five times per year.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- CMP designation required
- Detailed oriented and possess above average organizational and inter-personal skills.
- Four to Six years of direct meeting management experience required. Relevant Association work a plus.
- Proficient at and possesses exceptional PC skills, especially Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with iMIS and Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to be an excellent team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
This position reports directly to NMHC's Vice President of Meetings.
Competitive salary, depending upon experience. NMHC offers a professional work environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
Send materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the following subject line when submitting materials: Associate Director, Meetings - [Your Last Name]
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer