About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, D.C., the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent apartment owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for 39 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive.
The National Multifamily Housing Council seeks a full-time Communications Associate play a key role on our award-winning communications team. This entry level position will have the opportunity to provide meaningful input on and actively shape high-profile initiatives that affect federal policy, influence the national debate on housing and elevate the multifamily industry. The ideal candidate possesses skills in media relations, digital, social and written communications with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Create and distribute newsletters, emails, breaking news updates and other digital content.
- Assist in the maintenance of NMHC’s email-marketing and editorial calendars of communications.
- Manage NMHC website content, working with staff to identify and post relevant content.
- Draft and distribute policy, media and member materials.
- Provides support to incoming media inquiries and maintains NMHC’s media contact database.
- Ensure all content posted across all communications channels follows best practices and is error free. Create regular tracking reports for communications efforts.
- Dig into web, email and campaign analytics to aid in data-driven decision making and planning.
- Supports NMHC marketing and communications initiatives to ensure deliverables meet objectives and deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Keen interest in journalism and follows the news of the day on politics, markets and major events.
- Basic understanding of content management systems. Other digital publishing platforms a plus.
- Working knowledge of page formatting, image management, video, Photoshop, or similar software/technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated proficiency creating and editing news, marketing copy, blog posts or other written forms of communication for a wide audience.
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Organized with an eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, three writing samples, salary requirements, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Communications Associate — [Your Last Name].
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer.