About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for today’s 39 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive.
The National Multifamily Housing Council seeks a full-time Communications Associate to join a growing, dynamic communications team. This new position supports NMHC’s digital publishing, public relations and communications initiatives. The associate will work with the communications team to draft, post and distribute content across NMHC’s digital platforms, including newsletters, emails, NMHC.org and social media, as well as support engagement with media and key influencers. The ideal candidate possesses skills in media relations, digital, social and written communications with impeccable attention to detail.
NMHC highly values individuals with creativity, initiative and drive. While this position is expected to primarily support the broader communications team and its program of work, innovative suggestions, concepts and new approaches to problems are encouraged, supported and rewarded.
Manager, Marketing and Communications
- Create and distribute newsletters, emails, breaking news updates and other digital content.
- Assist in the maintenance of NMHC’s email-marketing and editorial calendars of communications.
- Update NMHC website content, working with staff to identify and post relevant and new content.
- Basic video editing.
- Draft and distribute media and member materials.
- Assist with creating, updating, reviewing and distributing policy communications materials.
- Maintain NMHC’s media contact database and support media engagement.
- Ensure all content posted across all communications channels follows best practices and is error free.
- Create regular tracking reports for communications efforts.
- Dig into web, email and campaign analytics to aid in data-driven decision making and planning.
- Support NMHC marketing and communications initiatives to ensure deliverables meet objectives and deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of content management systems. Other digital publishing platforms a plus.
- Working knowledge of page formatting, image management, video, Photoshop, or similar software/technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated proficiency creating and editing news, marketing copy, blog posts or other written forms of communication for a wide audience.
- Keen interest in journalism and follows the news of the day on politics, markets and major events.
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Organized with an eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision
NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Communications Associate—[Your Last Name].
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer.