About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, NMHC is a national association representing the interests of the larger and most prominent apartment firms in the U.S. NMHC advocates on behalf of rental housing, conducts apartment- related research, encourages the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the desirability of apartment living. NMHC's members are the principal officers of firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry, including ownership, development, management, and financing. More information about the Council is available at www.nmhc.org.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is currently seeking a detail-oriented and creative communications intern with excellent writing skills to assist the communications team virtually. This paid, online experience will provide the intern with valuable on-the-job experience to strengthen his/her resume. The intern will work directly with the Communications team and will be involved in content creation, media monitoring and reporting, writing, marketing as well as the coordination of press materials, campaign project plans and a supporting role in the execution of virtual events.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the marketing team to create and edit news articles, web posts, emails, and newsletters
- Daily media monitoring and social media posting/tracking
- Identifying opportunities for and assisting in the strengthening of overall NMHC online communications
- Assisting in NMHC marketing planning and execution
- Other items as assigned
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field
- Familiarity with Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Ability to multitask, detail-oriented – excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Positive attitude, team player, eagerness to learn
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Samples
Send materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the following subject line when submitting materials: Communications Intern — [Your Last Name].
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer