About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for today’s 39 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is currently seeking an enthusiastic and creative communications intern. This paid experience will provide the intern with valuable on-the-job experience to strengthen their resume. The intern will work directly with the Communications team and will be involved in content creation, media monitoring and reporting, writing, marketing as well as the coordination of press materials, campaign project plans and a supporting role in the execution of special events.
Reports to: Manager, Marketing and Creative Services
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager to create and edit news articles, web posts, emails, and newsletters
- Daily media monitoring
- Identifying opportunities for and assisting in the strengthening of overall NMHC online communications
- Assisting in NMHC marketing planning and execution
- Evaluating target audience characteristics and desires
- Other items as assigned
Desired Experience & Qualifications
Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Knowledge of CMS systems/HTML helpful but not required
- Familiarity with Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Ability to multitask, detail-orientated – strong communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player, eagerness to learn
NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials electronically to email@example.com, with the subject: Communications Intern — [Your Last Name].
- Cover Letter
- Writing Samples
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer