NMHC is seeking a Political Action Committee (PAC) Director responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of NMHC PAC. The position requires a highly motivated, team-oriented candidate with prior fundraising and PAC management experience, strong organizational skills and attention to detail. A strong compliance background is a plus.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all administrative functions for the PAC
- Oversee and prepare all record-keeping for PAC.
- Manage PAC receipts and disbursements
- Develop PAC reports for internal and external purposes
- Maintain relationships and correspondence with key NMHC members and staff.
- Assists in planning meetings and events for the PAC, such as fundraisers and receptions.
- Prepare, organize and file quarterly lobbying reports for NMHC staff
- File and prepare quarterly LD-1 and semiannual NMHC LD-3
- Develop and maintain relationships with key political fundraisers and party committees.
- Track election information and provide updates throughout the election cycle.
- Keep abreast of new changes to Lobbying Disclosure Act and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned to support Government Relations and overall NMHC mission.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Work-related experience in PAC administration, Financial management and/or fundraising a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Political Action Committee operations and current knowledge of federal election campaign laws management;
- Strongly preferred experience with campaign finance and election laws.
- Knowledge of the political and legislative process
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong evidence of being an effective team player in diverse environments.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks effectively as well as to work independently with minimum supervision required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Prior experience with Cision PAC software or similar software a plus
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
Send materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the following subject line when submitting materials: PAC Director- [Your Last Name]
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.