About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, NMHC is a national association representing the interests of the larger and most prominent apartment firms in the U.S. NMHC advocates on behalf of rental housing, conducts apartment- related research, encourages the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the desirability of apartment living. NMHC's members are the principal officers of firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry, including ownership, development, management, and financing. More information about the Council is available at www.nmhc.org.
The National Multifamily Housing Council seeks an experienced executive assistant to primarily support the office of the president and provide additional support to the senior team as directed. The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention for details. This person should have experience working in an office environment performing administrative duties and providing support to senior management.
This position will be in-person based in the Washington, DC office.
- Serve as liaison between President and NMHC staff.
- Maintain President’s calendar to coordinate workflow and meetings.
- Manage President’s travel logistics and activities, including accommodations, transportation.
- Respond to routine telephone inquiries and member requests for information from the office of the President.
- Process expense reimbursement reports and receipts.
- Compose, type, and edit correspondence.
- Develop presentations using appropriate software.
- Open and sort President’s confidential mail as requested.
- Provide confidential business, social, and personal contact management.
- Coordinate conference calls and make arrangements for committee, Officers or other meetings.
- Coordinate in-house functions, including arrangement of meals and refreshments.
- Maintain iMIS industry contacts list.
- Interact with the organization’s Officers.
- Assists in special events, such as fundraising activities and the annual meeting.
- Potentially attend Board, committee meetings or other meetings as requested in order to record minutes.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Four or more years of experience in an administrative or project management role reporting directly to upper management.
- Excellent people skills and ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and orally, with diverse audiences, e.g., academia, membership, and senior management.
- Must be proficient with office productivity tools and an aptitude for learning new software and systems.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Flexible team player, willing to adapt to changes and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information related to the office of the President.
Requirements and Compensation:
Must be computer proficient, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
(No Phone Calls Please)
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Executive Assistant —[Your Last Name].
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer