About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, NMHC is a national association representing the interests of the larger and most prominent apartment firms in the U.S. NMHC advocates on behalf of rental housing, conducts apartment-related research, encourages the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the desirability of apartment living. NMHC's members are the principal officers of firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry, including ownership, development, management, and financing. More information about the Council is available at www.nmhc.org.
The Exhibits Manager will report to the Associate Vice President, Sponsorships & Exhibits, and will help to ensure a seamless process for our exhibit programs. This role will be heavily focused on exhibitor operations and management, with a supporting role where needed in sponsorship and event logistics. Tasks will include the facilitation and management of all administrative and logistical functions related to various exhibits programs throughout the year. This role will also serve as an important point of contact and resource at NMHC for our exhibitors, potential exhibitors, and vendors/partners at our event facilities.
- Work with internal teams to develop the exhibitor prospectus, exhibitor marketing materials, exhibitor communications schedule.
- Serve as the primary logistical contact and resource for exhibitors
- Serve as the resource for potential exhibitors and respond to potential exhibitor inquiries
- Work with internal teams to develop and facilitate the exhibitor sales schedule
- Manages expo-related operations and activities for NMHC programs, including creating and managing floor plans, exhibitor packages, and exhibitor services kit.
- Create exhibitor resources and documents for exhibitors, including guidance on show rules/regulations, exhibitor deadlines, and management of exhibitor services kit and collection of forms.
- Serve as floor manager on-site during set-up and at the show; ensure exhibitor booth display guidelines are being followed.
- Ensure exhibitor applications are collected and appropriately invoiced, and payment is received on time.
- Update website with appropriate exhibitor sales information and updates
- Assist internal teams in creation, review, approval, and placement of signage as related to exhibitors.
- Create post-show reports, including exhibitor financials, and other data as may be required.
- Responsible for set-up and management of the online exhibitor management software
- Responsible for data-entry as related to exhibitors in association management database.
- Perform other exhibitor or sponsor administrative duties as necessary.
- Assist in the facilitation of sponsorship deliverables.
- Assist in other sponsorship, exhibitor, or event related tasks as may be required during planning and on-site.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ event planning experience with background in exhibit operations/management, and/or sponsorship management.
- CEM helpful but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively in team environments as well as autonomously.
- Experience with association management databases, such as iMIS, and exhibitor management databases, such as Map Your Show, preferred
- Experience with Microsoft product suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe Photoshop
- Travel to events required
This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President, Sponsorships and Exhibits
Competitive salary, depending upon experience. NMHC offers a professional work environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
Send materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the following subject line when submitting materials: Exhibits Manager - [Your Last Name]
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer