About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, NMHC is a national association representing the interests of the larger and most prominent apartment firms in the U.S. NMHC advocates on behalf of rental housing, conducts apartment- related research, encourages the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the desirability of apartment living. NMHC's members are the principal officers of firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry, including ownership, development, management, and financing. More information about the Council is available at www.nmhc.org.
NMHC seeks an intern to join NMHC’s Government Affairs department. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver with strong writing and editing skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Edit, proofread and format content and assist with producing written communications and multimedia presentations to support legislative and regulatory priorities.
- Conduct research on legislative/regulatory issues that impact the apartment industry.
- Provide support to Government Affairs department and NMHC PAC.
- Prepare meeting material for lobbyists including updating briefing memos, talking points and leave-behinds.
- Track and monitor legislation and congressional hearings.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Capacity to be resourceful and show initiative to manage tasks and projects.
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Requirements and Compensation:
This is a paid internship. The Government Affairs Intern must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours/week on a regular schedule. NMHC offers hourly compensation and can work with an academic institution to provide academic credit.
Application Instructions (No Phone Calls Please):
Please submit your resume, cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com, with the subject: Government Affairs Intern-[Your Last Name].
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer