NMHC seeks an intern to join NMHC’s Government Affairs department. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver with strong writing and editing skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Edit, proofread and format content and assist with producing written communications and multimedia presentations to support legislative and regulatory priorities.
- Conduct research on legislative/regulatory issues that impact the apartment industry.
- Provide support to Government Affairs department and NMHC PAC.
- Prepare meeting material for lobbyists including updating briefing memos, talking points and leave-behinds.
- Track and monitor legislation and congressional hearings.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Capacity to be resourceful and show initiative to manage tasks and projects.
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Requirements and Compensation:
This is a paid internship. The Government Affairs Intern must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours/week on a regular schedule. NMHC offers hourly compensation and can work with an academic institution to provide academic credit.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Government Affairs Intern-[Your Last Name].
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.