The National Multifamily Housing Council is seeking a full-time Meetings Coordinator to join a dynamic meetings team. This position will assist the Meetings Department with the management and coordination of all NMHC meeting, conferences, and expositions. The ideal candidate will possess a background in meeting planning, be detailed oriented and possess above average organizational and inter-personal skills and be able to travel nationally to NMHC meetings.
This position reports directly to the Director, Meetings.
- Assist the Meetings Department with the management and coordination of all NMHC meetings, conferences, and expositions.
- Manage NMHC housing blocks) for all NMHC meetings.
- Assist with on-site registration and event logistics and set-up.
- Assist with speaker management.
- Assist in researching hotel/facility space for NMHC Meetings/Conferences.
- Manage and coordinate NMHC Emerging Leaders events, including assisting with venue/location research, contracting, and event logistics.
- Research and coordinate vendor services for NMHC Meetings/Conferences.
- Manage the update of NMHC’s website on an ongoing basis, with focus on all NMHC meeting web pages.
- Provide administrative support to Meetings Department including filing and managing the SharePoint team site, preparing meeting correspondence, responding to telephone inquiries, and other projects as assigned.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Detailed oriented and possess above average organizational and inter-personal skills.
- Two to Four years of direct meetings coordination experience required. Relevant Association work a plus.
- Proficient at and possesses exceptional PC skills, especially Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with iMIS and Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to be an excellent team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Resume with references
Send materials electronically to email@example.com.
Please use the following subject line when submitting materials: Meetings Coordinator - [Your Last Name]
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer.