About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for today’s 39 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive.
NMHC seeks an intern to support the association’s preparation, implementation and evaluation of knowledge and innovation programs. This is a unique opportunity for a college or master’s degree candidate to learn about program operations and gain a better understanding of the business interests and views of the residential commercial real estate industry. The intern who fills this position will provide administrative support to the association’s development of knowledge, innovation and communication products.
Reports to: Director of Programming
- Monitoring email and web inquiries about NMHC conference and member programs
- Working directly with NMHC’s program and innovation staff on development of strategic member-focused events
- Scheduling and coordinating project meetings to maintain process
- Creating or updating contact and RSVP lists
- Assisting with production of web and marketing materials
- Performing other duties as assigned by manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Graduate or undergraduate student (who has completed their sophomore year) working towards a degree in communications, marketing, public relations, real estate, or regional/urban planning
- Desire to gain an understanding of and exposure to commercial real estate or public policy career opportunities
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Capacity to be resourceful and show initiative to manage tasks and projects.
- Generally tech savvy and able to learn new skills necessary, such as Microsoft Office 365, including Teams and SharePoint, and other Internet applications.
- Capability to be a team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject: Program Intern — [Your Last Name].
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer