About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, D.C., NMHC is a national association representing the interests of the larger and most prominent apartment firms in the U.S. NMHC advocates on behalf of rental housing, conducts apartment-related research, encourages the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the desirability of apartment living. NMHC's members are the principal officers of firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry, including ownership, development, management, and financing. More information about the Council is available at www.nmhc.org.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is currently seeking a detail-oriented Research Analyst with excellent writing skills to assist the research team. The research analyst will provide support for diverse research activities of NMHC and will report to the Senior Director, Research.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist NMHC research staff in analyzing apartment industry trends using data from government and industry sources;
- Investigate, tabulate, and analyze relevant large public and private microdata sets;
- Jointly with Senior Director and other research department staff and/or outside researchers, conduct research on important aspects of the apartment industry, for publications ranging from academic journals to trade press;
- Assist in collection and analysis of data from NMHC surveys including Quarterly Survey of Apartment Market Conditions, Quarterly Survey of Construction, and the annual NMHC 50 Owners and Managers;
- Assist in identifying research topics, determining the appropriate methodology and data, conducting the research, and writing up the results;
- Maintain, update, and analyze current apartment market indicators;
- Maintain contacts with researchers in industry and academia;
- Maintain and enhance the Research and Statistics section of NMHC’s website;
- Respond to research and data inquiries from NMHC staff, members, the media, and the public;
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge of methods of statistical analysis;
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of economics and finance;
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software such as Stata or SAS;
- Experience with Excel;
- Familiarity with Windows, word processing software, and internet access and utilization;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to be an excellent collaborator as well as work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally, with diverse audiences, including industry executives and analysts and the public;
- Master’s degree or relevant work experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Urban Planning, Data Science, or Statistics required.
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
Send materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the following subject line when submitting materials: Research Analyst — [Your Last Name]
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer.