About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, NMHC is a national association representing the interests of the larger and most prominent apartment firms in the U.S. NMHC advocates on behalf of rental housing, conducts apartment-related research, encourages the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the desirability of apartment living. NMHC's members are the principal officers of firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry, including ownership, development, management, and financing. More information about the Council is available at www.nmhc.org.
Responsible for creating and directing a comprehensive membership plan for the Council; managing the Membership department and assisting with member engagement and retention.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Membership plan for NMHC which identifies goals, clarifies objectives, articulates a positioning statement or message and states strategies and tactics to meet objectives.
- Annually increase Membership dues revenue.
- Serve as primary resource for member questions looking for resources beyond typical Membership inquiries.
- Monitor quality of customer service to members and recommend modifications to procedures to increase the quality of member benefits and services when appropriate.
- Maintain a consistent, professional image for the Council’s Membership materials.
- Direct and manage all Membership activities, manage Membership-area staff and recommend areas for improvement.
- Develop ideas, as appropriate, to encourage Membership retention and growth.
- Recommend and implement new member services, as appropriate.
- Supervise out-sourced services, such as onsite badge production.
- Develop and manage budgets for the Membership area.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally, with diverse audiences, e.g., membership and senior management.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to be an excellent team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in membership or related Association management.
Requirements and Compensation
Knowledge of Office 365, iMIS, Windows, word processing, graphics, and presentation programs. NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
(No Phone Calls Please)
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com, with the subject: Vice President of Membership — [Your Last Name].
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer