About the National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for today’s 39 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is currently seeking an enthusiastic and creative Web and Communications intern. This paid experience will provide valuable technical skills in website content management, digital analytics, and web development that prepares the intern for career opportunities in tech fields along with communications and marketing roles. The intern will work closely with the Web Manager in the operations of NMHC.org and the Council’s various digital properties. While this internship is focused on technical operations, the intern may also be involved in media monitoring, reporting, writing, marketing as well as the coordination of press materials, campaign project plans and a supporting role in the execution of special events.
Reports to: Web Manager
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Make updates to NMHC.org
Sample tasks: Depending on ability, work may range from: making text edits, swapping promo graphics, to posting newsletters, news articles or coding/designing new content pages
- Quality Assurance testing for bug fixes and new features on NMHC.org
Sample tasks: Our technology vendor made updates to fix broken links to company websites on this page: https://www.nmhc.org/research-insight/the-nmhc-50/top-50-lists/2019-owners-list/. Check the work by clicking through to make sure all websites links are working. Document any issues with screenshots to send to the vendor for further work.
- Assist with website analytics reports and campaign tracking efforts using Google Analytics
Sample tasks: Producing monthly web traffic data for main areas of the NMHC website, reporting on the web traffic performance of news stories, analyzing data to identify popular content, reporting on performance of digital marketing campaigns
- Assist with website content inventory and customer issue tracking
Sample tasks: Identify and remove old content from the NMHC.org website, update spreadsheet of customer issues
- Assist the Marketing Manager with creating and editing news articles, web posts, emails, and newsletters
- Other items as assigned
Desired Experience & Qualifications
Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field
- Interest in learning about web development, content management, and digital analytics
- Basic knowledge of CMS systems/HTML, experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Ability to multitask, detail-orientated – strong written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player, curiosity and eagerness to learn
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials electronically to email@example.com, with the subject:
Web & Communications Intern— [Your Last Name]
- Cover Letter
- Links to any webpages of HTML work if available
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer