January 21-23, 2020
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek/Waldorf Astoria
Add to Calendar
01/21/2020 08:00 AM
01/23/2020 12:00 PM
2020 NMHC Annual Meeting Emerging Leaders Registration
NMHC will once again offer a special Emerging Leader registration option for our 2020 Annual Meeting, January 21-23 in Orlando, FL for $700 ($900 after January 6, 2020).
This special registration allows member firms to send one young leader who might not otherwise be able to attend given the existing meeting registration caps.
To qualify, attendees must be under 40 and have at least five years of industry experience.
Please note: Online registration closes January 15.
Registrations and changes received after January 15 (including on-site registrations) may not be reflected on the NMHC attendee lists. Once online registration has closed, all registrations can be processed onsite in Orlando, FL once NMHC registration opens at 12:30 p.m., Monday, January 20. Please check the Agenda tab for onsite registration hours.
Preliminary Agenda At-A-Glance
Monday, January 20
|1:00 – 7:00 p.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|1:30 – 4:30 p.m.||Women's Event|
|4:30 – 6:00 p.m.||Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference Opening Reception
(Separate registration required)
Tuesday, January 21
|6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference
(Separate registration required)
|8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||“Networking on the Lawn” Area|
|3:00 - 4:00 p.m.||Committee Meetings|
|4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Executive Committee Meeting|
|5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||Emerging Leaders Meet & Greet|
|5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||NMHC PAC Appreciation Event
(Open to 2019 & 2020 NMHC PAC Donors)
|6:00 - 7:30 p.m.||Opening Reception|
Wednesday, January 22
|7:45 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.||“Networking on the Lawn” Area|
|8:00 – 9:00 a.m.||NMHC Board of Directors Meeting with Breakfast|
|8:30 – 9:15 a.m.||Breakfast Social|
|9:15 a.m. - Noon||General Session
Keynote Speaker: Indra Nooyi
Former Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo
|Noon - 1:15 p.m.||VIP Lunch and Photo Opportunity
with Indra Nooyi
(By Invitation Only)
|Noon – 1:15 p.m.||Emerging Leaders Lunch
(Open to all attendees under 40, whether registered for the Annual Meeting as a regular attendee or Emerging Leader attendee.)
|Noon – 1:15 p.m.||Lunch on Own|
|1:30 – 4:15 p.m.||Concurrent Sessions|
|3:00 – 5:30 p.m.||Committee Meetings|
|5:30 – 6:30 p.m.||Chairman’s Reception
(By Invitation Only)
|6:30 – 7:30 p.m.||Annual Dinner Reception|
|7:30 – 9:30 p.m.||Annual Dinner
Entertainment: Dana Carvey
Actor & Emmy Award Winning Comedian
Thursday, January 23
|7:45 – 11:30 a.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|8:00 – 9:15 a.m.||NMHC PAC Recognition Breakfast|
|8:15 – 9:15 a.m.||Breakfast Social|
|9:20 – 11:30 a.m.||General Session|
|11:30 a.m.||Meeting Adjourns|
Note: Agenda is subject to change.
In order to make a hotel reservation request, you will need your Meeting Registration Confirmation Code found on your meeting registration confirmation.
NMHC uses a centralized hotel reservation company to manage hotel reservations for all of our attendees at the NMHC Annual Meeting and the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference. They manage reservations at all of the Official Conference Hotels and are able to provide assistance with identifying other hotels in the area if needed.
- Individuals must first register for the meeting before making a hotel reservation request.
- Upon registering for the meeting(s), you will receive a meeting registration confirmation email which contains a meeting registration confirmation code required to make your reservation request.
- If you registered for both the Annual Meeting and the Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference, please use your Annual Meeting registration confirmation code to facilitate your hotel reservation request. Only members registered for the Annual Meeting (does not include Emerging Leader slot or Networking Pass) are eligible to stay in the main conference hotels (Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek & Waldorf Astoria Orlando).
- Hotel reservation requests will be acknowledged within 24 hours and confirmed within 14 business days. Note: Room requests received before August 15 may take up to 30 days to confirm.
- All hotel reservations will require a deposit in the amount equal to two nights (a first and last nights') deposit, and all cancellations made after December 13 will entail a forfeiture of this deposit.
- Canceling your meeting registration will result in your hotel room reservation being automatically canceled.
- No company room blocks will be permitted.
Group Room Rates
For your planning purposes, the starting group room rates for the NMHC Headquarter and Official Hotels are listed below:
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek: standard room rates start at $282 per night.
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando: standard room rates start at $336 per night
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek: deluxe room rates start at $301 per night
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: standard room rates start at $275 per night
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace: standard room rates start at $240 per night
All room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes, which are currently at 12.50%
Please note: The group room rates are special rates for NMHC's attendees that are only available if you make your reservation through the housing company.
The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria are approximately 18 miles from Orlando International Airport. For those of you arriving by air, you have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- A taxi from Orlando International Airport will cost about $70-80 each way and will take approximately 25 minutes, depending on traffic. Taxi service is available in both the A-Side and B-side of the Terminal in the center of the Arrivals Level (Level 2).
- Ride sharing services, such as Uber and Lyft, are available. They cost about $31-45, depending on exact service and time. All ride sharing companies pick-up passengers on the Arrivals curb (Level 2).
- An alternative to taxi service is MEARS, a shared ride shuttle service that may make multiple stops. The cost is $24/one way or $38/round trip per adult. Mears also offers luxury car service. For more information or to make a reservation, call 855/463-2776 or visit the MEARS website.
Hotel Information: Please contact Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at email@example.com
Membership/Registration Information: Please call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.