Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek/Waldorf Astoria
The NMHC Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of the year where NMHC members come together to network with their colleagues and set wheels in motion for their property deals. Plan to attend informative sessions led by industry leaders and to network at the NMHC and affiliate group's social events. Open to members only.
Don’t miss the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference preceding the Annual Meeting. The conference kicks off with a welcome reception on January 20 followed by an entire day of trends, statistics and powerful business insight into what lies ahead for the economy and our industry. This meeting is open to NMHC members and non-members and requires separate registration from the Annual Meeting.
In addition, all women registered for the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting or Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference are invited to attend the 2020 NMHC Women’s Event. Whether you’re an industry executive with an expansive network or newer to the industry and establishing relationships, this is an opportunity to network with women leading the rental apartment industry to the future. Separate registration is required for each event.
NMHC is excited to announce that Indra Nooyi will be a keynote speaker at the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting. Nooyi is the former Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo. During her tenure, PepsiCo grew net revenue more than 80%, and PepsiCo’s total shareholder return was 162%. Actor and Emmy-award winning comedian Dana Carvey will be performing at the Annual Meeting dinner.
Indra Nooyi Former Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo
Dana Carvey Actor & Emmy Award Winning Comedian
Preliminary Agenda At-A-Glance
Monday, January 20
|1:00 – 7:00 p.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|1:30 – 4:30 p.m.||Women's Event|
|4:30 – 6:00 p.m.||Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference Opening Reception
(Separate registration required)
Tuesday, January 21
|6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference
(Separate registration required)
|8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||“Networking on the Lawn” Area|
|3:00 - 4:00 p.m.||Committee Meetings|
|4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Executive Committee Meeting|
|5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||Emerging Leaders Meet & Greet|
|5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||NMHC PAC Appreciation Event
(Open to 2019 & 2020 NMHC PAC Donors)
|6:00 - 7:30 p.m.||Opening Reception|
Wednesday, January 22
|7:45 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.||“Networking on the Lawn” Area|
|8:00 – 9:00 a.m.||NMHC Board of Directors Meeting with Breakfast|
|8:30 – 9:15 a.m.||Breakfast Social|
|9:15 a.m. - Noon||General Session
Keynote Speaker: Indra Nooyi
Former Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo
|Noon - 1:15 p.m.||VIP Lunch and Photo Opportunity
with Indra Nooyi
(By Invitation Only)
|Noon – 1:15 p.m.||Emerging Leaders Lunch
(Open to all attendees under 40, whether registered for the Annual Meeting as a regular attendee or Emerging Leader attendee.)
|Noon – 1:15 p.m.||Lunch on Own|
|1:30 – 4:15 p.m.||Concurrent Sessions|
|3:00 – 5:30 p.m.||Committee Meetings|
|5:30 – 6:30 p.m.||Chairman’s Reception
(By Invitation Only)
|6:30 – 7:30 p.m.||Annual Dinner Reception|
|7:30 – 9:30 p.m.||Annual Dinner
Entertainment: Dana Carvey
Actor & Emmy Award Winning Comedian
Thursday, January 23
|7:45 – 11:30 a.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|8:00 – 9:15 a.m.||NMHC PAC Recognition Breakfast|
|8:15 – 9:15 a.m.||Breakfast Social|
|9:20 – 11:30 a.m.||General Session|
|11:30 a.m.||Meeting Adjourns|
Note: Agenda is subject to change.
You must first register for the meeting(s) in order to make a hotel reservation request.
NMHC’s Annual Meeting is open to NMHC members. Meeting attendance fees or waivers do not include hotel room charges. The registration policy is as follows:
- NMHC Executive Committee Members: receive three (3) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 until January 6, and $900 thereafter
- NMHC Board of Directors Members: receive three (3) complimentary registration and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 until January 6, and $900 thereafter
- NMHC Advisory Committee Members: receive two (2) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 until January 6, and $900 thereafter
- 2020 Chairman's Circle Sponsors ($50,000 or more): receive six (6) additional complimentary registrations and may register two (2) additional representative for a fee of $700 each until January 6, and $900 each thereafter
- 2020 Friends of the Council ($25,000 minimum): receive four (4) additional complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 each until January 6, and $900 each thereafter
- Annual Meeting Sponsors ($10,000 minimum until November 15, 2019, and $15,000 minimum thereafter): receive one (1) additional complimentary registration
- Networking Passes will be available on December 2.
NMHC membership dues must be current in order to register for the NMHC Annual Meeting. Annual Meeting registrations will automatically be declined if a member company is not in good standing, no exceptions. NMHC reserves the right to close meeting registration should interest exceed availability.
Please note: Online registration closes January 15. Registrations and changes received after January 15 (including on-site registrations) may not be reflected on the NMHC attendee lists. Once online registration has closed, all registrations can be processed onsite in Orlando once NMHC registration opens at 12:30 p.m., Monday, January 20. Please check the Agenda tab for onsite registration hours.
Meeting Transfer/Cancellation Policy
Meeting registrations may be transferred to another employee at your firm (exclusions may apply). Please email email@example.com with the name of the original registrant and the substitute.
Meeting registration cancellations must be sent in writing to NMHC, emails to firstname.lastname@example.org accepted. Written requests for meeting cancellation refunds received by December 13 are entitled to a full refund, minus a processing fee of $250. No meeting cancellation refunds will be granted after December 13.
Please contact NMHC’s Membership Department at 202/974-2300 or email@example.com for information regarding registration.
In order to make a hotel reservation request, you will need your Meeting Registration Confirmation Code found on your meeting registration confirmation.
NMHC uses a centralized hotel reservation company to manage hotel reservations for all of our attendees at the NMHC Annual Meeting and the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference. They manage reservations at all of the Official Conference Hotels and are able to provide assistance with identifying other hotels in the area if needed.
- Individuals must first register for the meeting before making a hotel reservation request.
- Upon registering for the meeting(s), you will receive a meeting registration confirmation email which contains a meeting registration confirmation code required to make your reservation request.
- If you registered for both the Annual Meeting and the Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference, please use your Annual Meeting registration confirmation code to facilitate your hotel reservation request. Only members registered for the Annual Meeting (does not include Emerging Leader slot or Networking Pass) are eligible to stay in the main conference hotels (Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek & Waldorf Astoria Orlando).
- Hotel reservation requests will be acknowledged within 24 hours and confirmed within 14 business days. Note: Room requests received before August 15 may take up to 30 days to confirm.
- All hotel reservations will require a deposit in the amount equal to two nights (a first and last nights') deposit, and all cancellations made after December 13 will entail a forfeiture of this deposit.
- Canceling your meeting registration will result in your hotel room reservation being automatically canceled.
- No company room blocks will be permitted.
Group Room Rates
For your planning purposes, the starting group room rates for the NMHC Headquarter and Official Hotels are listed below:
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek: standard room rates start at $282 per night.
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando: standard room rates start at $336 per night
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek: deluxe room rates start at $301 per night
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: standard room rates start at $275 per night
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace: standard room rates start at $240 per night
All room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes, which are currently at 12.50%
Please note: The group room rates are special rates for NMHC's attendees that are only available if you make your reservation through the housing company.
The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria are approximately 18 miles from Orlando International Airport. For those of you arriving by air, you have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- A taxi from Orlando International Airport will cost about $70-80 each way and will take approximately 25 minutes, depending on traffic. Taxi service is available in both the A-Side and B-side of the Terminal in the center of the Arrivals Level (Level 2).
- Ride sharing services, such as Uber and Lyft, are available. They cost about $31-45, depending on exact service and time. All ride sharing companies pick-up passengers on the Arrivals curb (Level 2).
- An alternative to taxi service is MEARS, a shared ride shuttle service that may make multiple stops. The cost is $24/one way or $38/round trip per adult. Mears also offers luxury car service. For more information or to make a reservation, call 855/463-2776 or visit the MEARS website.
Hotel Information: Please contact Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership/Registration Information: Please call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300 or email email@example.com.
2020 NMHC Annual Meeting Sponsorship Opportunities
Sponsoring the NMHC Annual Meeting provides your company with unique opportunities to interact with key audiences and enhance and develop relationships before, during, and after the meeting. Additionally, sponsorship builds your company's brand exposure and creates a strong on-site presence, helping you to stand out among competition.
2020 NMHC Annual Meeting Sponsorship Pricing:
$10,000 (minimum) until November 15, 2019
$15,000 (minimum) after November 15, 2019
The deadline to sponsor the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting is December 13, 2019.
Benefits apply to the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting only and include:
- Company logo published on the meeting web pages.
- One (1) free registration for the Annual Meeting. (Does not apply to Chairman’s Circle or Friends of the Council sponsors.)
- Recognition in promotional marketing materials and e-mails (print and digital).
- Company logo included on the sponsor recognition signage prominently displayed on-site.
- Company logo included in the official print on-site program/agenda.
- Company description and logo included within the sponsor module of the official Conference App.
- Company logo displayed in the scrolling PowerPoint presentation shown before the start of each general session.
- Option to host a subgroup event at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek/Waldorf Astoria. (To make an event request, complete and submit the 2020 NMHC Subgroup Event Request Form.)
- Option to send one piece of company literature for display in the registration area.
- May select a la carte sponsorship item(s), up to $10,000. (Items will be published in fall 2019)
- Additional benefits as listed with selected a la carte sponsorship items(s).
Exhibits are not available at the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting or the 2020 NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference.
Passes go on sale December 2!
Member firms can purchase Networking Passes for $375.00 each.
Networking passes allow additional colleagues from member firms and corporate event coordinators to be on the hotel premises during the Annual Meeting and for the onsite corporate events. All individuals must display an official NMHC meeting badge to be allowed on the hotel grounds. Modification or alteration of Networking Passes is prohibited. No corporate or custom badges will be permitted on the premises. Security will prohibit any individual without an official NMHC meeting badge from accessing the NMHC meeting and event areas.
Official NMHC meeting badges are only available to:
- Full registrants for the Annual Meeting and Annual Meeting Emerging Leaders
- Networking Pass registrants
Please note, registrants of the 2020 NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference must have a full registration to the Annual Meeting/Annual Meeting Emerging Leader or an Annual Meeting Networking Pass to remain on the grounds after 5:00 pm Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
Non-members are not eligible to purchase Annual Meeting Networking Passes or full registrations and will not be allowed on hotel grounds during the Annual Meeting.
Networking Pass holders will be permitted in the following areas:
- NMHC Networking on the Lawn
- Hotel grounds
- Firm-hosted corporate events held at the meeting site
Networking Pass holders are not allowed to attend:
- NMHC Meeting Sessions
- NMHC Committee Meetings
- NMHC Breakfasts, Receptions and Dinner
Networking Pass Registration Policies
- The individual must be an employee of an NMHC member firm in good standing and is not already registered for the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting or have a 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting Emerging Leader registration.
- Modification of Networking Passes is prohibited. Anyone found obscuring or altering a badge will be asked to surrender their badge and leave the premises.
- Refunds for cancellations will not be granted for Networking Pass registrations.
- Complimentary Networking Pass registrations are not available based on membership level or sponsorship support.
- Networking Pass registrants may make arrangements for their accommodations using the NMHC centralized hotel reservation system. Instruction on how to make reservations will be included in the meeting registration confirmation email. Rooms are very limited. Should a room not be available through the centralized hotel reservation system, registrants may place themselves on the centralized hotel reservation waitlist and/or make their own hotel reservation at other hotels in the area.