FHFA released a progress report on March 29, 2017 summarizing the major activities of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 2017 that contributed to furthering FHFA’s three strategic goals: Maintain, Reduce, and Build.
The Report describes Enterprise activities to reduce taxpayer risk, including efforts to expand single- and multi-family credit risk transfer transactions and activities to reduce the Enterprises' retained portfolios. FHFA outlines in the report how it managed the agencies multifamily loan production to ensure they stayed below the caps. According to the report, “Fannie Mae’s total multifamily finance activity for the year was approximately $67 billion, of which $30.5 billion fell within the cap and $36.5 billion was in the excluded categories. Freddie Mac’s total multifamily finance activity for the year was approximately $73.2 billion, of which $33.8 billion fell within the cap and $39.4 billion was in the excluded categories.” The full Report also includes a chart detailing the activities in each category for each Enterprise.
- NMHC NAA letter on Sandra Thompson's FHFA Nomination
- NMHC and NAA Comment Letter on Enterprise Risk Based Capital Amendments
- NMHC and NAA Comments on Amendments to Enterprise Regulatory Capital Framework
- FHFA Releases 2022 Scorecard for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- NMHC Weighs in with FHFA Regarding Proposed Enterprise Plans