Federal Housing Administration Commissioner and Assistant Secretary for Housing, Brian Montgomery, will be nominated by President Trump to be HUD Deputy Secretary.
Following the departure of Pam Patenaude, Montgomery has served as Acting Deputy Secretary since early this year. He is a housing policy veteran with deep expertise and experience across a wide variety of policy areas.
NMHC and NAA look forward to continuing our strong relationship with Montgomery and working with him closely on issues critical to the multifamily industry such as housing finance reform, Section 8 reform and housing affordability.
- Apartment Industry Statement on the Emergency Housing Protections and Relief Act of 2020
- Urban Institute Releases Report - How Much Assistance Is Needed to Support Renters through the COVID-19 Crisis?
- Challenges Facing The Apartment Industry
- House Looks at Pandemic’s Effect on Renters and Housing Providers
- Real Estate Coalition Letter on Financial Stability of the Rental Housing Industry