The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) announced today that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the Enterprises) will reenter the LIHTC market on a limited basis effective immediately. NMHC/NAA supported this concept in our comments to the Duty To Serve proposed guidance document issued by FHFA in the first quarter of 2016.
Today’s announcement allows an annual investment limit of $500 million and less than a 5 percent market share for each Enterprise. These investments are designed to preserve affordable housing, support mixed-income housing, provide supportive housing, or meet other affordable housing objectives.
- House Democrats Pass $3 Trillion Package on a Party Line Vote
- HEROES Act Detailed Analysis
- SBA Issues Clarification on PPP Certification and Apartment Industry Files Comments
- NMHC Calls on Congress to Include Opportunity Zone Provisions in Future Stimulus Legislation
- Coalition Letter to the House Urging Inclusion of Opportunity Zones in Stimulus Legislation – May 2020