The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) announced today that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the Enterprises) will reenter the LIHTC market on a limited basis effective immediately. NMHC/NAA supported this concept in our comments to the Duty To Serve proposed guidance document issued by FHFA in the first quarter of 2016.
Today’s announcement allows an annual investment limit of $500 million and less than a 5 percent market share for each Enterprise. These investments are designed to preserve affordable housing, support mixed-income housing, provide supportive housing, or meet other affordable housing objectives.
- Treasury and FHFA Take First Step Towards Ending GSE Conservatorship
- A Closer Look at FHFA’s Guidance for Multifamily
- FHFA Director Announces New Multifamily Loan Purchase Caps at NMHC’s Fall Meeting
- NMHC Members Meet with Leading Lawmakers
- FHFA Director Mark Calabria Announces Plan to Revise Multifamily Loan Purchase Caps at NMHC’s Fall Meeting