The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) announced today that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the Enterprises) will reenter the LIHTC market on a limited basis effective immediately. NMHC/NAA supported this concept in our comments to the Duty To Serve proposed guidance document issued by FHFA in the first quarter of 2016.
Today’s announcement allows an annual investment limit of $500 million and less than a 5 percent market share for each Enterprise. These investments are designed to preserve affordable housing, support mixed-income housing, provide supportive housing, or meet other affordable housing objectives.
- NMHC Leadership Visits Washington
- Apartment Industry Calls for Renewal of Tax Provisions Designed to Spur Energy Efficiency
- NMHC and NAA Signal Support for the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act
- ACTION Coalition Letter - June 2019
- NMHC and NAA 179D Letter to Senate Finance Committee Cost Recovery Task Force - June 2019