While much of the new proposal concerns the single-family sector, it does include several provisions sought by NMHC/NAA and others to revive the commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS) market.By providing certainty to CMBS market participants, the revised rules should result in increased debt capital, lower borrowing cost rates and improved mortgage servicing.
- NMHC and NAA ask Regulators to Pause Before Moving Ahead with Basel IV
- Market Breathes Sigh of Relief as First CMBS Risk-Retention Deal is Done
- Dodd-Frank, GSEs and FHA in Republican Crosshairs
- CMBS Market Struggles with Burden of Regulations, Highly Volatile Markets
- Financial Regulators Exempt Multifamily from Margining Rule