On Jan. 3, 2013, NMHC/NAA joined together with a coalition of organizations in drafting in-depth recommendations for HUD on the new Small Multifamily Risk Share pilot program. The pilot is designed to help finance small multifamily rental properties through the Federal Housing Administration’s Risk Share Program.
Specifically, the coalition’s recommendations are focused on helping ensure that the new program increases liquidity for the owners and operators of small multifamily rental properties. HUD is encouraged to carefully consider ways to expand the pilot program through greater flexibility and wider lender participation, which the coalition believes will help the department better understand the benefits of risk sharing for small properties.
- HUD Announces Loan Forbearance Guidelines and Underwriting Modifications
- FHFA Announces Changes to Duty to Serve Guidance for Fannie and Freddie
- HUD Updates Guidance for 223(f) FHA Refinance Program
- NMHC/NAA Sign On to Industry Letter Requesting Continuation of FHA/FFB Loan Programs
- NMHC/NAA Letter to HUD Regarding Risk Sharing