After 22 months of service, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Multifamily for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Marie Head has stepped down due to personal reasons. Ben Metcalf will assume the duties as Deputy Assistant Secretary immediately.
At a July 24 meeting with multifamily trade groups, including NMHC and NAA, HUD Deputy Secretary and Federal Housing Commissioner Carol Galante introduced Ben Metcalf, who has been a senior advisor at HUD since 2009 and a protégé of hers for nearly 10 years. Head will remain in a senior advisor role to oversee the on-going transition and consolidation of HUD offices, processing and associated policy changes.
Head, whose experience included heading the FHA multifamily platform at Prudential Real Estate Services, has been an advocate and leader of much of the change and direction that has taken place since her arrival, including the on-going staffing and field office consolidation effort expected to be completed in 2016.
- HUD Issues Forbearance Guidance and Outlines Tenant Protections
- Enterprises Hire Financial Advisors as Next Step Towards Exiting Conservatorship
- HUD Announces Loan Forbearance Guidelines and Underwriting Modifications
- FHFA Announces Changes to Duty to Serve Guidance for Fannie and Freddie
- HUD Updates Guidance for 223(f) FHA Refinance Program