NMHC/NAA and a coalition of other real estate groups believe the Assessment Tool will benefit communities working to affirmatively further fair housing. But the coalition did provide comments expressing concern about the fact that HUD is encouraging states to enact “source of income” laws as part of the department’s new guidance resulting from the tool. We urged the department to help ensure that all prospective residents who meet building qualifications and can demonstrate the ability to pay will have access to housing.
Questions or Comments? Please contact NMHC’s Kimble Ratliff at email@example.com.
- NMHC and NAA to Weigh In on HUD Disparate Impact Rule
- HUD Proposes Changes to Fair Housing Rule
- NMHC and NAA Recognize Fair Housing Month
- NMHC and NAA Highlight the Apartment Industry’s Priorities Regarding Emotional Support Animals
- NMHC/NAA Meet with HUD to Discuss Program Improvements, REAC Update