NMHC/NAA are watching closely HUD’s recently outlined changes to plans for reorganizing its multifamily programs. In April, they announced that the department’s multifamily offices would be consolidated into ten sites, a move that would have resulted in the shuttering of 16 HUD offices across the nation. Among the key changes are plans to keep multifamily staff in both Minneapolis and Baltimore, and increasing the HUD travel budget to help ensure staff can perform site visits related to ongoing business activities.
- NMHC/NAA Sign On to Industry Letter Requesting Continuation of FHA/FFB Loan Programs
- NMHC/NAA Letter to HUD Regarding Risk Sharing
- Dodd-Frank, GSEs and FHA in Republican Crosshairs
- HUD Issues Final Multifamily Mortgage Insurance Rates
- NMHC and NAA Applaud Proposal to Cut FHA Mortgage Insurance Premiums