Specifically, the Fair Housing Act does not expressly include sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status as protected characteristics. The guidance clearly emphasizes, however, that a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender person may still be protected by one or more of the Fair Housing Act’s prohibitions against discrimination.
NMHC/NAA are committed to equal housing opportunity for all without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status.
Questions? Please contact NMHC’s Lisa Blackwell at email@example.com.
- NMHC Leads Coalition Against California Rent Control Legislation
- NMHC Leadership Visits Washington
- NMHC and NAA Signal Support for the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act
- NMHC Unveils Growing Homes Together Digital Hub and Resource Center
- NMHC Participates in Successful Innovative Housing Showcase on the National Mall