Last week, HUD sent letters to Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) notifying them that the mandatory implementation of the Small Area Fair Market Rent (SAFMR) methodology would be suspended until 2020 for all metro areas except for the Dallas-Plano-Irving Metro Division. Individual PHAs may still choose to voluntarily use the SAFMR methodology, however. NMHC/NAA applaud this decision, as we have long held that zip codes, the geographic level that SAFMRs currently use, do not represent real estate markets and could adversely affect property owners and managers’ ability to provide affordable housing for families.
- NMHC Leads Coalition Against California Rent Control Legislation
- NMHC Leadership Visits Washington
- NMHC and NAA Signal Support for the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act
- NMHC Unveils Growing Homes Together Digital Hub and Resource Center
- NMHC Participates in Successful Innovative Housing Showcase on the National Mall