Last week, HUD sent letters to Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) notifying them that the mandatory implementation of the Small Area Fair Market Rent (SAFMR) methodology would be suspended until 2020 for all metro areas except for the Dallas-Plano-Irving Metro Division. Individual PHAs may still choose to voluntarily use the SAFMR methodology, however. NMHC/NAA applaud this decision, as we have long held that zip codes, the geographic level that SAFMRs currently use, do not represent real estate markets and could adversely affect property owners and managers’ ability to provide affordable housing for families.
- House Democrats Pass $3 Trillion Package on a Party Line Vote
- HEROES Act Detailed Analysis
- NMHC and NAA Letter to House Regarding HEROES Act
- Coalition Letter Calling for Direct Renter Assistance and Housing and Infrastructure Investments
- Yes In My Backyard (YIMBY) Act Passes Through U.S. House of Representatives