Specifically, the NMHC/NAA supported amendment simplifies the income verification process for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program. The amendment also makes technical changes and provides flexibility to properties that are subject to restrictions under the Low-Income Housing Preservation and Resident Homeownership Act of 1990 (LIHPRHA).
NMHC/NAA is urging the House and Senate conferees to include the Hensarling amendment as part of the final transportation package. In addition, we joined with a larger group of real estate industry organizations in a separate letter of support.
- Resources on New York’s Recently Enacted Rent Control Law
- A Case Study in Affordability Solutions
- Harvard Report Links Cost of Construction and Regulation to Housing Affordability
- NMHC and NAA HUD Opportunity Zones Comment Letter - June 2019
- NMHC Leads Coalition Against California Rent Control Legislation