Specifically, the NMHC/NAA supported amendment simplifies the income verification process for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program. The amendment also makes technical changes and provides flexibility to properties that are subject to restrictions under the Low-Income Housing Preservation and Resident Homeownership Act of 1990 (LIHPRHA).
NMHC/NAA is urging the House and Senate conferees to include the Hensarling amendment as part of the final transportation package. In addition, we joined with a larger group of real estate industry organizations in a separate letter of support.
- NMHC Leads Coalition Against California Rent Control Legislation
- NMHC Leadership Visits Washington
- NMHC and NAA Signal Support for the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act
- NMHC Unveils Growing Homes Together Digital Hub and Resource Center
- NMHC Participates in Successful Innovative Housing Showcase on the National Mall