We highlighted the fact that we are not only a competitive robust $1.3 trillion industry, but also alerted them to the historic growth in renter households in recent years. In addition, we outlined the need for public policies that support our industry and that don’t make it harder for renters and their families to find housing that makes sense for them.
NMHC/NAA also alerted HUD officials to concerns the industry has about unanswered questions brought about by the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling on disparate impact. Additionally, we discussed concerns we have regarding the negative consequences associated with underfunding HUD’s assisted housing portfolio for FY 2016. And finally, we told them about the development of NMHC’s Workforce Housing Task Force.
The Treasury meeting allowed for in-depth discussions on ways to leverage Low Income Housing Tax Production, financing for and the preservation of small multifamily properties, and effective strategies to preserve and develop affordable housing.
For more details, please contact NMHC’s Dave Borsos at email@example.com.
- NMHC Leads Coalition Against California Rent Control Legislation
- NMHC Leadership Visits Washington
- NMHC and NAA Signal Support for the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act
- NMHC Unveils Growing Homes Together Digital Hub and Resource Center
- NMHC Participates in Successful Innovative Housing Showcase on the National Mall