Under the FY 2015 Appropriations Act, the agency funds RA contracts for one full year. But it’s believed that the methodology used to calculate the payments is flawed and results in underfunding of the program.
NMHC/NAA, along with a coalition of industry groups, sent a letter to the USDA outlining our concerns about the letters that owners are receiving. We also reminded them of their commitment to fund RA contracts. In addition, we sent letters to House and Senate Appropriators urging them to review USDA’s related actions. All these issues are likely to be addressed on Capitol Hill and by the White House after the current recess.
- NMHC Endorses Bipartisan Measure Intended to Spur Affordable Housing and Infrastructure Investment
- House Democrats Pass $3 Trillion Package on a Party Line Vote
- HEROES Act Detailed Analysis
- NMHC and NAA Letter to House Regarding HEROES Act
- Coalition Letter Calling for Direct Renter Assistance and Housing and Infrastructure Investments