Under the FY 2015 Appropriations Act, the agency funds RA contracts for one full year. But it’s believed that the methodology used to calculate the payments is flawed and results in underfunding of the program.
NMHC/NAA, along with a coalition of industry groups, sent a letter to the USDA outlining our concerns about the letters that owners are receiving. We also reminded them of their commitment to fund RA contracts. In addition, we sent letters to House and Senate Appropriators urging them to review USDA’s related actions. All these issues are likely to be addressed on Capitol Hill and by the White House after the current recess.
- Brian Montgomery to be Nominated to Serve as HUD Deputy Secretary
- WSJ Editorial Examines Fallacies of Rent Control
- Washington Post Editorial Highlights Negative Consequences of Rent Control
- Senator Bernie Sanders Proposes National Rent Control Plan
- Housing Affordability and Rent Control Challenges Grow More Acute