However, the FAA did not follow full regulatory procedures, making it unclear whether appropriate land use, transportation planning and economic consequences of the proposal have been considered. As a result, the Committee has approved a bipartisan amendment to the FAA Reauthorization bill that requires the FAA to follow standard regulatory procedures including a full notice and comment rulemaking process.
NMHC/NAA joined with a coalition of real estate groups in urging the House Committee’s support of the amendment and continues to follow the issue carefully.
The House is likely to act on the full legislative package before the FAA’s current funding runs out in March. But prospects in the Senate are uncertain because of fundamental policy disagreements.
- NMHC Endorses Bipartisan Measure Intended to Spur Affordable Housing and Infrastructure Investment
- Apartment Construction in the Era of COVID-19
- Coalition Letter Calling for Direct Renter Assistance and Housing and Infrastructure Investments
- NMHC and NAA Letter to House to Support YIMBY Act - March 2020
- NMHC Outlines Solutions to Address Housing Affordability Crisis