However, the FAA did not follow full regulatory procedures, making it unclear whether appropriate land use, transportation planning and economic consequences of the proposal have been considered. As a result, the Committee has approved a bipartisan amendment to the FAA Reauthorization bill that requires the FAA to follow standard regulatory procedures including a full notice and comment rulemaking process.
NMHC/NAA joined with a coalition of real estate groups in urging the House Committee’s support of the amendment and continues to follow the issue carefully.
The House is likely to act on the full legislative package before the FAA’s current funding runs out in March. But prospects in the Senate are uncertain because of fundamental policy disagreements.
- NMHC Outlines Solutions to Address Housing Affordability Crisis
- Greatest Need for Rental Housing Remains at the Low-End, According to Harvard Rental Report
- Housing Infrastructure Package Introduced in Congress
- HUD Seeks Comments in Search of Solutions to the Housing Affordability Crisis
- Harvard Report Links Cost of Construction and Regulation to Housing Affordability