Second, those SAFMRs would be set at 40th percentile rents compared to 50th percentile FMRs.HUD set a 30-day comment period on the proposal and NMHC/NAA joined a coalition of real estate industry groups asking HUD Secretary Julián Castro to extend that.
Members who participate in the Housing Choice Voucher program are encouraged to review this NMHC analysis showing which zip codes would be impacted and how the proposal would impact their portfolios.
We are also asking members for feedback after their review as to how this proposal would affect your firm so we can use that to inform the comments we will be submitting to HUD. Members that have had experience with SAFMRs and/or FMRs, or who have general comments, should contact NMHC’s Caitlin Walter at email@example.com by June 22.
- Brian Montgomery to be Nominated to Serve as HUD Deputy Secretary
- WSJ Editorial Examines Fallacies of Rent Control
- Washington Post Editorial Highlights Negative Consequences of Rent Control
- Senator Bernie Sanders Proposes National Rent Control Plan
- Housing Affordability and Rent Control Challenges Grow More Acute