Second, those SAFMRs would be set at 40th percentile rents compared to 50th percentile FMRs.HUD set a 30-day comment period on the proposal and NMHC/NAA joined a coalition of real estate industry groups asking HUD Secretary Julián Castro to extend that.
Members who participate in the Housing Choice Voucher program are encouraged to review this NMHC analysis showing which zip codes would be impacted and how the proposal would impact their portfolios.
We are also asking members for feedback after their review as to how this proposal would affect your firm so we can use that to inform the comments we will be submitting to HUD. Members that have had experience with SAFMRs and/or FMRs, or who have general comments, should contact NMHC’s Caitlin Walter at email@example.com by June 22.
- Apartment Industry Statement on the Emergency Housing Protections and Relief Act of 2020
- Urban Institute Releases Report - How Much Assistance Is Needed to Support Renters through the COVID-19 Crisis?
- Challenges Facing The Apartment Industry
- House Looks at Pandemic’s Effect on Renters and Housing Providers
- Real Estate Coalition Letter on Financial Stability of the Rental Housing Industry