NMHC has joined with the National Apartment Association (NAA) and the Institute for Real Estate Management (IREM) to create Multifamily Housing, a comprehensive resource guide offering insight into the magnitude and strength of the apartment industry.
The book is useful for anyone wishing to dig deeply into the various facets of the business, including students, analysts, the media, investors and industry professionals. In fact, member firms are encouraged to use the book as a tool for educating new hires and existing employees.
This all-inclusive guide provides the baselines for multifamily operating principles and defines ten critical themes related to the industry:
- Composition of the apartment industry, from the professionals and stakeholders involved in it to the varied demographics it serves
- Fundamentals of investing in multifamily real estate
- Basic principles of real estate financing, including debt instruments and capital structures
- Overview of the land acquisition and due diligence process that precedes major real estate decisions
- Aspects of on-site operations, including the management of diverse property types
- Fundamentals of real estate marketing
- Legal and regulatory considerations at the local, state and federal levels
- Creation of a “triple bottom line”
- Skills required to advance a real estate career
- Additional resources to support professional development
The book also includes a comprehensive glossary, case studies, discussion questions, additional resources and recommended reading lists, among other features.
An interactive version will be available in the fall of 2015. However, the book, which retails for $69.00 plus shipping and handling, can be ordered here. Orders of 50 books or more receive a bulk discount.