A new set of fact sheets outline the impact of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) nationwide. NMHC is representing NAA and the industry as a steering committee member of the “A Call To Invest in Our Neighborhoods” (ACTION) coalition. The coalition is responsible for releasing the cutting-edge data. The fact sheets provide information on LIHTC apartments created or preserved in each state. They also offer in-depth data on the number of renters paying more than half of their income for rent, based on a 2013 American Community Survey analysis.
The National Fact Sheet provides valuable information on the positive impacts of the Housing Credit. This includes producing and preserving affordable housing, creating jobs and improving local economies throughout the U.S. In addition, there are state and district sheets available showing the impacts of the Housing Credit locally.
- NMHC and NAA Signal Support for the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act
- ACTION Coalition Letter - June 2019
- Senator Harris Introduces Renter’s Tax Credit
- IRS Issues Guidance Clarifying Multifamily Housing Bonds and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC)
- Multifamily Industry Highlights Infrastructure Tax Priorities with Ways and Means Committee