NMHC and NAA staff met with senior officials at the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) on November 21 to provide an update on market conditions facing the multifamily industry. Discussions centered on the strength of the industry, availability of capital and the status of state and federal rent control proposals.
As part of the process outlined in the GSE Scorecard for Fannie and Freddie, FHFA uses industry input to make an assessment every quarter to determine the size of the multifamily market and whether an adjustment to the production cap is warranted. NMHC and NAA are one of the sources that provides input to FHFA’s quarterly analysis.
For more information on this topic, please visit our finance and capital markets page.
- 2019 Legislative and Regulatory Advocacy
- Banking Regulators Issue Joint Proposed Rule Making for Community Reinvestment Act
- NMHC and NAA Applaud FHFA decision to Re-Propose Enterprise Capital Rule in 2020
- Banking Regulators Issue Final HVCRE Rule
- EB-5 Legislation Introduced in Senate to Preserve Program