NMHC and NAA staff met with senior officials at the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) on November 21 to provide an update on market conditions facing the multifamily industry. Discussions centered on the strength of the industry, availability of capital and the status of state and federal rent control proposals.
As part of the process outlined in the GSE Scorecard for Fannie and Freddie, FHFA uses industry input to make an assessment every quarter to determine the size of the multifamily market and whether an adjustment to the production cap is warranted. NMHC and NAA are one of the sources that provides input to FHFA’s quarterly analysis.
For more information on this topic, please visit our finance and capital markets page.
- Coalition Letter Calling for Direct Renter Assistance and Housing and Infrastructure Investments
- FHFA Announces Changes to Duty to Serve Guidance for Fannie and Freddie
- HUD Updates Guidance for 223(f) FHA Refinance Program
- NMHC Outlines Solutions to Address Housing Affordability Crisis
- Fannie and Freddie Regulator Selects Financial Advisor