At a briefing NMHC/NAA staff attended Thursday, HUD officials noted that there are currently 31 metro areas that would qualify to switch to SAFMRs, but PHAs will also be allowed to voluntarily enter the program.
NMHC/NAA are seeking input from members that would potentially be affected by any change to the FMR methodology. Please contact NMHC Director of Research Caitlin Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 974-2343 with feedback and for more information.
- HUD Budget Increased for Fiscal Year 2020
- Shutdown Avoided: Flood Insurance Program Extended, Real Estate Industry Supports Assisted Housing Funding
- Real Estate Industry Letter to Appropriations Committees - November 2019
- Source of Income Laws By State, County and City
- Senator Harris Introduces Renter’s Tax Credit