To all NMHC members attending the 2018 NMHC Fall Meeting,
Thank you for planning to attend NMHC’s Fall Meeting this week. We have received numerous inquiries about the status of the meeting in light of Hurricane Florence. The meeting is scheduled as planned. The storm’s impact on Washington, D.C. is expected to be limited to rain, but even that may be less than expected. Earlier this evening local forecasters said it appears the D.C. area will get far less rain than previously predicted.
With that in mind, we hope you will join us for what promises to be one of the best political- and policy-packed meetings we’ve ever planned.
- Gary Cohn, former Director, National Economic Council and former President & COO, Goldman Sachs
- General Michael Hayden, former Director of the CIA and NSA
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson
- Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao
- Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) – Please plan to stay until Friday so we can show Rep. Pelosi our industry’s support of her should she reclaim the Speaker of the House position.
- Dana Milbank, best-selling author and nationally syndicated columnist, The Washington Post
- Insider briefings and panel discussions featuring top-ranking Congressional, Administration and industry leaders including Senators Ben Cardin (D-MD), John Thune (R-SD) and Todd Young (R-IN), Ways and Means Ranking Member Richie Neal (D-MA), Congressmen Pete Aguillar (D-CA), Denny Heck (D-WA) and Problem Solvers Caucus Co-Chairs, Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ) and Tom Reed (R-NY).
- Insider briefing on the Costa Hawkins ballot initiative and NMHC’s rent control initiatives nationwide.
Given the existential threat the industry faces from rent control, both in California and across the nation, and the heightened political atmosphere that will affect our legislative and regulatory priorities in the near- and long-term, this is a meeting you want to attend.
- Senate Takes an Early Look at Terrorism Risk Insurance Reauthorization
- Coalition Letter to Senate Banking Committee Regarding Terrorism Risk Insurance - June 2019
- Multifamily Industry Scores Big Wins in NFIP Reauthorization
- NMHC and NAA Letter to House Financial Services Regarding NFIP - June 2019
- National Flood Insurance Program Extended to September 30