NMHC conducted a survey in December to learn what legislative issues were most important for our members. Individuals representing a wide variety of NMHC member firms responded. Tax policy and Finance and Capital Markets were the two public policy issues that respondents ranked as most important. Almost two-thirds of respondents listed comprehensive tax reform as “very important”, while GSEs and housing finance reform were identified as very important by 80 percent of respondents within in the Finance and Capital Markets policy area. Other key policy issues that were highlighted by included Housing Policy, Energy, Construction & Development, Business & Property Operations, Telecom & Technology, Fair Housing, and Indoor Environmental Issues.
For questions about the survey, please contact Caitlin Walter, Director of Research (firstname.lastname@example.org; 202/974-2343) or to provide additional feedback on policy issues, please contact Cindy Chetti, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs (email@example.com; 202/974-2328).
- NMHC Leadership Visits Washington
- New FHFA Director Turns Up the Heat on Housing Finance Reform
- NMHC Members from the Hoosier State Advocate for Multifamily Issues
- Senate Approves Mark Calabria for FHFA Director Position
- White House Releases Housing Finance Reform Memorandum One Day After Sue Ansel Testifies at GSE Hearing on Capitol Hill