The substantive policy discussion regarding housing finance reform with Administration officials on Nov. 5 followed an earlier meeting at the White House on Oct. 28 to discuss Rep. Mel Watt’s (D-N.C.) nomination to replace Edward DeMarco as director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), the regulator for government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
NMHC/NAA were among a handful of key industry stakeholder organizations invited to participate in the Watt discussion. Top industry leaders at the meeting included NMHC President Doug Bibby; National Association of Home Builders CEO Jerry Howard; American Bankers Association President and CEO Frank Keating; Mortgage Bankers Association President and CEO Dave Stevens; Financial Services Roundtable SVP for Public Policy Scott Talbott; and National Association of Realtors President Gary Thomas.
- NMHC Leadership Visits Washington
- New FHFA Director Turns Up the Heat on Housing Finance Reform
- NMHC Members from the Hoosier State Advocate for Multifamily Issues
- Senate Approves Mark Calabria for FHFA Director Position
- White House Releases Housing Finance Reform Memorandum One Day After Sue Ansel Testifies at GSE Hearing on Capitol Hill