Highlighting the economic strength of the apartment industry in front of Congress, NMHC Chairman Tom Bozzuto, also chairman and CEO of The Bozzuto Group, represented NMHC/NAA before the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee during the June 4 hearing, “Our Nation of Builders: Home Economics.”
His testimony focused on many of the takeaways from the NMHC/NAA-commissioned report, The Trillion Dollar Apartment Industry, and drew the connection between job creation, manufacturing and multifamily development by showcasing some interesting facts related to his company’s new $72 million apartment community under construction in Baltimore’s Union Wharf. For example, the building required enough concrete to fill 240 swimming pools, lumber to span about 331 miles and drywall to cover more than 42 football fields.
The full testimony is available here.
- Harvard Report Links Cost of Construction and Regulation to Housing Affordability
- NMHC Leadership Visits Washington
- Daryl Carter Testifies on Behalf of the Industry on Housing and Infrastructure
- NMHC Members from the Hoosier State Advocate for Multifamily Issues
- Daryl Carter Testimony Before the House Financial Services Committee Regarding Infrastructure and Housing Affordability