The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA),is requesting comments from Members of Congress, the public, and interested stakeholders on its Strategic plan for Fiscal years 2018-2022 for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the Enterprises) and the Federal Home Loan Bank System. The FHFA plan lays out three goals for the Agency:
- Ensure Safe and Sound Regulated Entities
- Ensure Liquidity, Stability, and Access in Housing Finance
- Manage the Enterprises’ Ongoing Conservatorships
The specific performance goals for multifamily remain unchanged. The multifamily units will continue to focus on serving the affordable and underserved markets and to evaluate additional ways to distribute risk to the private markets.
Comments are due by Oct. 27, 2017 and should be addressed to the Federal Housing Finance Agency, Office of Budget and Financial Management, 400 7th St., SW, Washington, D.C. 20219 or submitted via www.FHFA.gov.
NMHC/NAA will provide comments to the strategic plan prior to October 27.
- FHFA Releases Re-Proposed Capital Framework for the Enterprises
- GNMA Announces Servicer Liquidity Facility for Multifamily
- Investors and Capital Markets Advance Cautiously
- Though Cycle Moves into the Latter Stages, Apartment Industry Is Still Strong
- NMHC Chairwoman Sue Ansel Testimony for March 26, 2019 Senate Banking Hearing on Housing Finance Reform