While not directly impacted by the regulatory obligations that the rule would impose, NMHC/NAA provided comments on the proposal in 2013. In part, we expressed concern regarding the indirect negative consequences that additional regulatory layers might create regarding delays in construction and permitting decisions for market participants.
For more details on the announcement, please see the related executive summary and fact sheet.
Questions? Please contact NMHC’s Lisa Blackwell at email@example.com.
- NMHC and NAA Recognize Fair Housing Month
- NMHC and NAA Highlight the Apartment Industry’s Priorities Regarding Emotional Support Animals
- NMHC/NAA Meet with HUD to Discuss Program Improvements, REAC Update
- NMHC/NAA Makes Recommendations on Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Revisions
- 2018 Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Comment Letter