HUD released a proposed rule this week that would set Fair Market Rents (FMRs) by zip code for certain metropolitan areas (known as Small Area Fair Market Rents, or SAFMRs) instead of the current metropolitan area-wide standard, with an adjustment for high-cost areas.
NMHC/NAA in the past have recommended against the use of SAFMRs, and will work with other real estate groups to submit comments on this issue. To read the related HUD announcement, please click here.
Questions or Comments? Please contact NMHC’s Caitlin Walter or Lisa Blackwell.
- NMHC and NAA Suggest Regulatory and Administrative Fixes to Improve Effectiveness of Section 8
- NMHC and NAA Section 8 Program Reform Letter to HUD - February 2020
- HUD Budget Increased for Fiscal Year 2020
- Shutdown Avoided: Flood Insurance Program Extended, Real Estate Industry Supports Assisted Housing Funding
- Real Estate Industry Letter to Appropriations Committees - November 2019