HUD released a proposed rule this week that would set Fair Market Rents (FMRs) by zip code for certain metropolitan areas (known as Small Area Fair Market Rents, or SAFMRs) instead of the current metropolitan area-wide standard, with an adjustment for high-cost areas.
NMHC/NAA in the past have recommended against the use of SAFMRs, and will work with other real estate groups to submit comments on this issue. To read the related HUD announcement, please click here.
Questions or Comments? Please contact NMHC’s Caitlin Walter or Lisa Blackwell.
- Source of Income Laws By State, County and City
- Senator Harris Introduces Renter’s Tax Credit
- HUD Releases Housing Choice Voucher Research
- Funding for the Section 8 Tenant-based and Project-based Rental Assistance Approved
- HUD Announces Dramatically Reduced Timelines for Subsidized Housing Inspections