The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has completed the development of LEED v4-an update to LEED 2009-and will launch the new program this fall. Under the new program, LEED users will face substantially altered credits and requirements, as LEED v4 is specifically designed to increase the rigor of the program.
Originally scheduled for release in 2012, the USGBC pushed back publication of the new LEED criteria in response to numerous concerns, including limitations placed on the use of specific building materials. However, LEED 2009 will remain available for use until June 2015 to accommodate projects in development.
Information about LEED v4, including the final program criteria, is available at http://new.usgbc.org/v4.
- Industry Weighs in on Proposal Requiring Universal Energy Benchmarking
- HUD Flips Switch on Utility Benchmarking for Assisted Properties
- Multifamily Resource: Energy Efficiency Tax Incentives
- ENERGY STAR National Building Competition Deadline Extended!
- EPA ENERGY STAR Launches Easy to Use Utility Data Benchmarking Tool