The world as we know it is changing, ushering in big shifts in the way people approach nearly every aspect of their lives. At the intersection of all these upheavals in technology, commerce, family, work, transportation and lifestyle is housing.
The apartment industry houses nearly 39 million people today— and demand for apartment living is growing. Tomorrow’s renters’ needs and wants are shaping up to be so very different in any number of ways that the industry must begin thinking about how to adapt or risk facing a disconnect with their future customers.
Eight major trends will be game changers for apartments moving forward. These tectonic shifts are poised to radically reshape our customers' experiences as well our industry's approach to designing, developing and operating our communities.
Learn more about the report here.
Full DocumentNMHC Disruption Report Flyer
- NMHC Leads Industry Effort to Maintain Quality Broadband in Apartment Communities
- Improving Competitive Broadband Access Letter to FCC September 2019
- Data Compliance and Connectivity Concerns Mount
- National Multifamily Housing Council Issues Data Privacy and Protection White Paper
- Data Privacy and Protection: Practical Considerations for Apartment Firms - White Paper