NMHC encourages comments to our electronic media forums including web sites, social media communities and listserves. All viewpoints are welcome but comments should be relevant to NMHC and the professionally-managed apartment industry. Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of NMHC. We reserve the right to delete and remove comments that violate this policy and block offending individuals from participating in NMHC-sponsored electronic media forums. Prohibited comments include:
- Advertisements and commercial promotions or solicitations (including posts we determine are SPAM).
- Repeated posts of identical or very similar content.
- Language that is degrading on the basis of gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
- Profanity, obscenity and sexually explicit language or material.
- Threatening, harassing, defamatory and libelous language or material.
- Material that appears to infringe the copyrights trademarks, or other intellectual property of any party.
- Information that violates a reasonable expectation of privacy.
- Information known to be confidential, sensitive, or otherwise unlawful to distribute or make public.
- Impersonation of anyone else including using the name or likeness of someone else.
- False or misleading statements including phony reviews (positive or negative) or bogus blog postings.
- Statements that are irrelevant to the nature of a particular discussion thread and/or the forum in general.
All comments and postings are the property of NMHC and may be used, at its discretion, by NMHC. We will not knowingly post content to an NMHC-associated social media group that violates a rule or policy of that site, i.e., Facebook policies.
Our use of NMHC-owned trademarks in conjunction with a participant’s comment or posting does not create a right to NMHC’s intellectual property.
Participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless NMHC, its directors, officers, employees, successors, independent contractors and assigns against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, causes of action, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of any claim by a third party relating to any material that a participant has posted on an NMHC-sponsored web or social media site or listserve.
This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
For more information about this policy, please contact NMHC’s Communications at 202/974-2360 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.