Development and Design
Here is a summary of NMHC’s research and information on Development and Design
NMHC and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)'s new research based on a survey of 49 developers across the United States, also examined regulations and other factors that can impact whether development even occurs.Read the report
This survey aims to put updated data behind the conversations being had throughout the industry and support our various advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill.Survey Results
Report data includes the desirability of coliving, smart home technologies, self-guided tours and virtual tours.Learn more
The Housing Affordability Toolkit helps guide discussions regarding specific housing affordability policies, tools, and incentives. It is divided into six sections and each section delves into a specific component of addressing the affordability challenge.
- Clean Water Act (CWA) / Waters of the U.S. (WOTUS) Updates
- Everything You Need to Know: Multifamily Opportunities Included in the Infrastructure Investment and Job Act & Inflation Reduction Act
- Clean Water Debate Unfolds in Supreme Court as NMHC Warns of Negative Industry Implications
- What You Need to Know: How the Reconciliation Legislation Could Impact the Multifamily Industry
- Tune in to HUD's Innovation Showcase and Release of the New NMHC-NAHB Cost of Regulations Report!