Development and Design
Here is a summary of NMHC’s research and information on Development and Design
NMHC and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)'s new research based on a survey of 49 developers across the United States, also examined regulations and other factors that can impact whether development even occurs.Read the report
This survey aims to put updated data behind the conversations being had throughout the industry and support our various advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill.Survey Results
Report data includes the desirability of coliving, smart home technologies, self-guided tours and virtual tours.Learn more
The Housing Affordability Toolkit helps guide discussions regarding specific housing affordability policies, tools, and incentives. It is divided into six sections and each section delves into a specific component of addressing the affordability challenge.
- What You Need to Know: How the Reconciliation Legislation Could Impact the Multifamily Industry
- Tune in to HUD's Innovation Showcase and Release of the New NMHC-NAHB Cost of Regulations Report!
- What the 2022 Federal Spending Package Means for the Multifamily Industry
- Department of Energy Releases Guidance on HVAC Rule Compliance
- Supreme Court Takes Another Look at Waters of the U.S. (WOTUS) Rule
- Industry Letter on Public and Federally Assisted Housing Fire Safety Act
- NMHC NAA Letter Regarding Exclusionary Zoning Hearing
- Real Estate Coalition Letter to Senate Finance Committee Regarding Infrastructure Revenue-Raisers
- NMHC and NAA Infrastructure Letter to Senate Banking
- Real Estate Coalition Letter Regarding Expanding Opportunity Through Infrastructure Investments