As part of our Advocacy In Action suite of webinars, NMHC’s Quarterly Update Webinar Series provide an exclusive opportunity for members to hear the latest from Washington on legislative and regulatory activities that impact our industry.
Hear from NMHC staff experts who are on the front-lines of housing policy negotiations regarding what they’re working on, what industry leaders should be tracking and how to engage.
The quarterly webinar updates will take place once a quarter on the following dates:
- March 13, 2023 | Washington Focuses on Regulation
- June 12, 2023 | Update on Rent Control and the White House Blueprint: What This All Means for You
- December 11, 2023 | Technology Legislation and Regulation; Finance, Capital Markets and Development; Tax Policy
This webinar is free and exclusive to NMHC members. Register for all or any of the webinars below:
Specific topic areas this webinar will cover will be released at least two weeks before the event.
- Administration’s Two-Part Resident-Centric Housing Affordability Plan that Includes a “Blueprint for a Renters Bill of Rights” and a “Resident-Centered Housing Challenge”
- Senate Finance Actions Regarding Tax Policy’s Role in Increasing Affordable Housing Supply
- FCC’s Latest Actions to Further Regulate the Broadband/Property Owner Relationship
- EPA’s Finalization of a New Waters of the U.S. Rule that Will Negatively Impact Multifamily Development and Affordability
- Congressional Rebuttal to the Biden Administration’s Move to Federally Regulate Notice-to-Vacate Requirements
Q1 Webinar Update: Washington Focuses on Regulation
The first three months of 2023 brought considerable change to Washington. The 118th Congress used much of this time to settle in, make committee leadership decisions and take preliminary steps to set the stage for party priorities. But, the Administration carried on with business as usual—continuing their robust regulatory agenda and housing affordability focus.
Tune in to this quarter’s update to hear first-hand advocacy accounts from NMHC staff and how what we’re working on in Washington could impact your business operations. During this broadcast, we’ll cover the: