Calling all multifamily entrepreneurs.
Are you planning to launch a new product, service or technology at the 2019 NMHC OPTECH Conference & Expo?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you.
This year, we’re launching NMHC OPTECH Opening Pitches on Monday, November 11 from 2:00 – 4:00 pm to kick off the Conference. These are quick, 2-minute, back-to-back presentations that allow firms to let attendees know what’s in their pipeline before the Expo opens.
NMHC is also creating a Networking Lounge where presenting companies can meet one-on-one with attendees either before or after their designated presentation time.
Opening Pitches are free to OPTECH exhibitors and they will be given priority in the selection process. Non-exhibitors can participate for a fee of $1,500, which includes 1 registration to the conference. (Non-exhibitors can apply for free; fees will only apply if their submission is accepted.)
- Telecom & Utilities
- Property Management & Operations
- Business System Software
- Marketing & Advertising
- Risk Management & Security
- Services & Amenities
Pitches must be related to one of the following product categories:
- NMHC will prioritize pitches that highlight new or upcoming products and services being rolled-out at OPTECH.
- Firms may submit up to two pitch proposals, but the number of accepted presentations will be limited to one per company.
- Only single-speaker pitch proposals will be accepted.
- Submissions should clearly outline what featured product, service or new technology will be highlighted and what apartment industry challenge it serves to remedy. (200-300 words maximum)
- All proposed speakers should be listed along with their title and company name when submitting the proposal. Presenters must use one of the registrations included with the company's booth comps or purchase an additional registration if necessary. Presenters will not receive a complimentary registration for these sessions.
- NMHC staff will review and select all proposals under the guidance of the NMHC OPTECH Planning Committee. Selection will be based fully on the content and solutions proposed. No priority will be given to applications based on membership or sponsor status or booth size.
- Due to the high volume of applications we anticipate receiving, we will contact only those companies whose proposals have been selected.
- Presenters will be notified of acceptance by October 1, 2019.
- No slide decks will be accepted. NMHC will provide a screen on-site to project company logo and booth number. Further information about how a company may promote participation in the pitch program or provide additional materials will be provided to companies selected to the program.
- Presenters should avoid including any sales type references of any type (e.g. "our product compares well with x and in fact, we can offer all of you a great discount because you came to this session today").
- NMHC will provide a digital marketing guide for supplier presenters to help generate interest and create awareness for the openers. Detailed information will be provided later to presenting companies.
This is a pitch event, so all presentations must fit in a 2-minute elevator pitch format, no exceptions. Time will be provided after every pitch for an audience Q&A (+2 minutes max). There will be limited time for transitions in-between presentations.
Note: The Opening Pitches occur during expo set-up hours, so if accepted, please ensure someone from your company will be available to present during this time.
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to spread the word about your company’s products! If you meet the defined criteria listed above, please submit your proposal here by August 30, 2019.
If you have any questions on the criteria, application, or selection process, please contact email@example.com.