April 05-06, 2017
Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park
dedicated to multifamily research. The Forum provides data-driven business intelligence on critical issues facing the industry.
Preliminary Agenda At-A-Glance
|Wednesday, April 5|
|9:00 AM - 6:00 PM||Registration|
|9:30 - 10:30 AM||Workshop: Regularity, Causes and Forecasting|
|10:30 - 11:30 AM||Research Roundtables|
|Lunch on Own|
|1:00 - 1:15 PM||Introduction|
|1:15 - 2:00 PM||Making Sense of CRE and Multifamily Valuation|
|2:00 - 3:00 PM||The Evolving Suburbs|
|3:00 - 3:15 PM||Break|
|3:15 - 4:00 PM||Tax Reform and the Apartment Industry|
|4:00 - 5:00 PM||Winner and Losers in the Age of Peak Supply|
|5:00 - 6:00 PM||Networking Reception|
|Thursday, April 6|
|7:45 AM - Noon||Registration|
|8:00 - 9:00 AM||Networking Breakfast|
|9:00 - 10:00 AM||Demographic Trends and the Outlook for Single Family Rentals|
|10:00 - 10:30 AM||Media Panel|
|10:30 - 11:15 AM||Apartment Finance: Is Lending Putting a Crimp in Investing?|
|11:15 AM - Noon||What Are Developers Building Now? And Where?|
|Noon||Lunch on Own|
|1:30 PM||Optional Apartment Property Tour of The Grand at Legacy West (Space is limited. If spaces fill, a wait list will be started.)|
Note: Agenda is subject to change. Photos may be taken at Forum and posted online.
View the 2016 NMHC Research Forum Recap for highlights from last year's Forum.
Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park
5805 Granite Parkway
Plano, TX 75024
NMHC has set aside a block of rooms at the group rate of $209 single/double occupancy per night (plus 13% taxes) for meeting attendees, with a cut-off date of Wednesday, March 15. Room reservations should be made directly with the Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park Hotel online or by calling 800/774-1500 and mentioning the 2017 NMHC Research Forum or Group Code NRF when speaking to the reservations agent. Rooms are limited and expected to sell out.
NMHC has held a limited number of extra rooms at the group rate beyond our current block. If the hotel is sold out or you are unable to book a room at the group rate, please ask the hotel to place you on the NMHC waitlist and then contact Melissa Rowan, NMHC Assistant Director of Meetings, at 202/974-2372 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
If you have a problem making a reservation at the Hilton or your plans change and you need to cancel your reservation at the Hilton, please contact Melissa Rowan at 202/974-2372 or email@example.com before canceling with the hotel so she may reassign your room to another NMHC member on the waitlist, if one exists.
The Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park Hotel is approximately 22 miles from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) and 17 miles from Dallas Love Field Airport. Those arriving by air have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- A taxi from DFW Airport will cost approximately $50-55 each way and takes about 25 minutes, depending on traffic. A taxi from Dallas Love Field Airport is $45-50 each way and takes approximately 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- An alternative to taxi service is SuperShuttle. It is a shared ride service and may make multiple stops. From DFW Airport, the cost is $25 per person, one way, From Dallas Love Field Airport, the cost is $22 per person, one way. Contact the company at www.supershuttle.com for hours of service or to make a reservation.
- For attendees who decide to drive, valet parking is $17 and self-parking is $14 in a secured garage with unlimited in/out privileges. There are also hourly rates for individuals not staying overnight.
Please email Melissa Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions regarding travel or hotel information. Please call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300 for all other questions.
NMHC’s 2017 Research Forum is open to NMHC members. Forum attendee fees or waivers do not include hotel room charges. The registration policy is as follows:
- NMHC Executive Committee Members: receive three (3) complimentary registrations and may register up to three (3) additional representatives for a fee of $600 each;
- NMHC Board of Directors Members: receive one (1) complimentary registration and may register up to five (5) additional representatives for a fee of $600 each;
- NMHC Advisory Committee and Associate Members: may register up to six (6) representatives for a fee of $600 each;
- 2017 Chairman's Circle ($50,000 or more): receive four (4) complimentary registrations;
- 2017 Friends of the Council ($25,000 to $49,999): receive two (2) complimentary registrations; and
- 2017 Overall Forum Sponsors ($2,500): receive one (1) complimentary registrations
Registration is contingent upon membership dues being current.
Meeting Cancellation Policy
Meeting cancellations must be sent in writing to NMHC. Written requests for meeting cancellation refunds prior to ten (10) business days before the start of the meeting are entitled to a full refund, minus a processing fee of $250. No meeting cancellation refunds will be granted within ten (10) business days prior to meeting commencement.
Registrations received after March 27, including on-site registrations, may result in your name and company being excluded from the printed attendee list.
On-site registration opened on April 5 at the NMHC registration desk at the Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park.
Please do not hesitate to contact the NMHC membership department at 202/974-2300 or email@example.com should you have questions regarding registration.
Become a sponsor of this event:
Every year, many of our partners take advantage of this opportunity to market their organizations to the leaders and decision makers in research, technology, operations and student housing.