- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the listserve. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
By joining and using NMHC's e-mail lists, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium.
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the listserves. For instance, violating antitrust regulations, libeling others, selling, and marketing are not permissible. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the list manager.
NMHC reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
- Do not include attachments to your posts to the list. NMHC does not allow attachments to messages on this list.
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may. * Do not post commercial messages. This is spamming. Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Please refer to and abide by NMHC's Antitrust Policy.
- Messages are prohibited which may encourage or facilitate any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct which illegally restricts free trade.Messages are prohibited which may encourage or facilitate any agreement about the following: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale or lease; salaries and compensation; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Participants should refrain from sharing legal advice from their attorneys since doing so could compromise attorney-client privilege. Additionally, policies and practices may be governed by state and local laws as well as federal laws, so information exchanged on the Listserv may not be applicable to your specific situation. Please consult with your own attorney for legal advice.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserve message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules on our website, including but not limited to the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Remember that NMHC and other e mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this listserve.
- Do not send the same message to multiple NMHC lists. You may send your message to only the most appropriate list. Cross posting of messages is not allowed.
- This list is provided as a service of the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC). NMHC accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. NMHC disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NMHC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.
In no event shall NMHC be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NMHC and users of this list the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
NMHC does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings, and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the NMHC's attention, NMHC will take all appropriate action, including removing posts from the listserve. NMHC reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.